“This is harder than I expected, and I need help.”
Over the past few months, I have heard many similar sentiments from concerned children of elderly parents, who have been giving their best in ensuring their parents are well taken care of in light of the ongoing pandemic.
All children want the best for their parents, but that doesn’t make the challenges they face any less real. Daily necessities and medication have become harder to procure as vulnerable seniors are discouraged from venturing into public too often. Daily housekeeping and maintenance responsibilities do not stop in the midst of the pandemic, and children have their own households and work commitments to attend to as well.
The truth is that…it is hard. And while some people may decide to adopt the approach of “Wait and see,” there is no time to waste when it comes to deciding on a lifestyle arrangement for your elderly parent in a senior living community . And by this, I mean urgently, maybe even today.
Let me share with you how seniors can benefit from life in a safe and supportive community during this stage of the ongoing pandemic…
If Ever You Have to Stay Home…
The times have been challenging for us all, especially for vulnerable groups like seniors. Staying at home is encouraged, yet this can make it hard for them to procure daily necessities and experience meaningful social interaction. Life in a senior living community means you don’t have to worry about either. Below are some features and amenities you can expect from our communities:
- Three freshly prepared and nutritious meals made by our inhouse chefs and delivered personally to each resident in their apartment homes
- Activities and eventsthat abide by social distancing guidelines such as “Hallway Happy Hours” and gatherings between neighbors and team members within the same bubble. Birthday celebrations can even go on, abiding by the strict rules and regulations that govern visitation
- 24-hour concierge service that can help our residents receive groceries, medication and other daily necessities
- Residents can access professional healthcare within a home setting as we have an expansive inventory on hand as well as access to supplies that are in high demand
- Full-service housekeepingservices for each individual apartment home, on top of cleaning and sanitization of all communal areas. Team members receive daily screening when reporting to work and no third-party vendors are allowed access.
Of course, we hope that the COVID-19 situation is taking a turn for the better as I’m writing this. As long as the virus remains a concern, we believe in abiding by all safety protocols and procedures that we have put in place for the safety of our residents. This allows families to enjoy peace of mind that their loved ones are in safe hands.
Placing the Care and Safety of Loved Ones in the Best Possible Hands
Although we have the advantage of financial resources and established safety protocols, we believe that when it comes to senior living, nothing can replace the genuine care and compassion our team members exude each and every day.
In our community and many others nationwide, team leaders and members have been working around the clock, some even sleeping onsite to ensure residents’ safety. This is on top of overseeing all the regulations and guidelines that have been put in place.
Housekeepers, chefs, caregivers, nurses and many others still report to work daily despite their own fears about the situation, simply because they are committed to our residents’ care.
You will have heard countless stories of sacrifice and dedication, and they don’t end here. Although COVID-19 has forced us to keep a physical distance, when it comes to ensuring the continued wellbeing of seniors, this is a time for us to come together and entrust the care of our elderly loved ones to those who are best equipped to do so.
Even when things have returned to normal, there’s no reason to go into this alone when we are all in this together!