Florida is constantly bursting with tourists who are seeking an opportunity to unwind with their loved ones while soaking up the sun and enjoying the beautiful sceneries that the state has to offer. Apart from its many tourist attractions that are fit for the whole family, Florida is also known for its world-class retirement communities. Here are the top independent living communities in Florida that you can explore for your older loved ones.
Top 10 Independent Living Communities in Florida
- Discovery Senior Living in Bonita Springs, FL
- Discovery Village At Melbourne, FL
- Discovery Village At Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Discovery Village At Boynton Beach, FL
- Discovery Village At Naples, FL
- Discovery Village At Tampa Palms, Tampa, FL
- Discovery Village At Sarasota Bay, Bradenton, FL
- Discovery Village At Deerwood, Jacksonville, FL
- Discovery Village At Stuart, FL
- Discovery Village At The Forum, Fort Myers, FL
What Is Independent Living?
Independent living communities or retirement communities provide healthy older adults the freedom they need to lead a maintenance-free lifestyle while enjoying the wide array of social activities. They are also given access to various amenities that include housekeeping, transportation, meals, and more. The accommodation options of each independent living community vary from community to community to accommodate the personal lifestyle needs of residents.
Who Should Consider Independent Living?
The main difference between an independent living community and other types of senior living is the objective of the program. An independent living program does not focus on providing residents with regular medical care or assistance with daily living activities. However, independent living communities do provide emergency support when required. An independent living program emphasizes on helping self-reliant older adults lead a maintenance-free lifestyle by taking over their daily chores and providing easy access to socialization opportunities.
Independent Living Amenities
- Catered Dining: Residents of an independent living community can enjoy three meals that are prepared by an in-house chef. They will get to savor flavors from all around the world in a restaurant-style setting with friendly tableside service at any time that is most convenient to them.
- Social Activities: Residents can expect to take part in various social activities with their fellow neighbors. The lineup of events is carefully put together by an executive activities director who takes into consideration the physical and mental benefits of the activities.
- Health Programs: Residents are able to stay fit and active when living in a retirement community. They have access to gyms, fitness classes, and other wellness programs to help them maintain good physical and mental health.
- Concierge Service: An independent living community focuses on delivering optimum comfort and convenience to its residents. Having a concierge team available around the clock means that residents can have their requests handled at any time of the day. They can seek help with scheduling of appointments, booking of transportation, reserving a table at a restaurant, sending and receiving packages, and more.
- Housekeeping: Residents do not need to take on the burden of tiring daily chores. There is a professional housekeeping team that keeps their apartments clean and sanitary for healthy living.